As many of you (hopefully) know, we are in the process of moving Bright Eyes across the parking lot. Instead of facing Montague St, we will be facing the much busier Linebaugh Ave.
Why are we moving? It isn’t because we haven’t enjoyed our time at 10108 Montague. We have! The fact is that we have outgrown our current space. We want to provide more and better service and simply won’t be able to do that in our current location – so we are movin’ on over across the parking lot to a larger and nicer location.
What can you look forward to at the new place:
- More space! – Over the years we have creatively used every inch of the current space. The Linebaugh location will be 50% bigger and will have two full exam rooms, larger vision therapy room, a pre-testing and contact lens area, and (much the to staff’s delight) an actual breakroom.
- More waiting area – Although we try to keep patients from having to wait for long periods of time, there are times when there are more patients and family members waiting than we currently can accommodate. Fortunately, we’ve increased the number of seats at the new Linebaugh location.
- Better Reception area – Despite our best efforts, we admit, sometimes there is confusion at the front desk at our old Montague location. The new space will have separate check-in and check-out locations to facilitate the process.
- More eyeglass frames! – Fortunately, the new optical is not only gorgeous, but has space for an additional 200 eyeglass and sunglass frames. We have carefully reviewed our selections and have increased the number of premium sunglasses, designer frames, and kids frames.
- More vision therapy equipment – For the last several years, there has been some therapeutic equipment that we wanted to purchase, but just didn’t have space. As it is, we have equipment on shelves and stashed away in the exam room. The new, larger vision therapy room has been designed to accommodate the new equipment. This includes an observation window, so that parents and can watch what is going on without being distracting. So great!
- Improved patient flow – Because the old office only had one exam room by design, there was a lot “musical chairs”. Believe me, this annoyed me as as much as it annoyed you. The layout of the new office that includes a pre-test area and multiple exam rooms, will allow for less shuffling as well as less waiting.
- Fewer outside distractions – As much as we loved our old space, there were a few times when there were disturbances outside of our control. We definitely think that the new space, nestled between Sylvan Learning Center and West Park Dental Associates, will be quieter.
- Increased contact lens privacy – Although it was not a problem for most people, learning to insert and remove contacts can be a stressful experience – especially if patients think that other people are watching them. The brand new contact lens area is designed to allow one-on-one interaction between contact lens specialists and patients, away from the optical and waiting area.
- Nicer floors – I don’t know if you’ve ever looked at the floors at the Montague office, but they were pretty awful. Painted concrete does not hold up to foot traffic. Well, this time we got lucky! The previous tenants put in gorgeous dark hardwood. We think you will like the look!
- West Park Village – Yes, we are thrilled to stay in the Village. We could have moved the office to several other locations, but we love the neighborhood. We’ve become friends with the residents and business owners. We are excited to see the area continue to grow and change.
We can’t wait to show off the new office! Stay tuned for a grand opening party extravaganza announcement soon! In time, you can see some pictures of the work in progress on the temporary new office foursquare page!
Nathan Bonilla-Warford, OD
Bright Eyes Family Vision Care
Located in the Westchase area of Tampa.