Our patients’ health and safety is our number one concern.
At this time the COVID-19 level in Hillsborough County and surrounding counties is MEDIUM. You can find specific details about about Hillsborough County rates, hospitalization, and deaths here.
As health care providers, our top priority is to protect our patients and staff. In addition to regular safety protocol, during high levels:
- Do not come to the office with any symptoms of cough, fever, or symptoms of illness.
- Masks are optional in exam rooms and optical areas for all pts 2 years and older.
- If you do not have a mask with you, we will provide one.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at (813)792-0637) to discuss.
For reference, here are our general safety policies. When you come to the office please be advised of these procedures:
- DON’T COME TO THE OFFICE SICK. Please reschedule your visit.
- FORMS: Please complete intake forms prior to your visit. These will be sent to you via email or text, to reduce paperwork and time in the office.
- MASKS: It is recommended to wear a mask throughout the office, but no longer required in the exam rooms or optical areas. All Bright Eyes staff members must wear masks or face coverings while in the office. If you have concerns about masks, please contact us BEFORE your visit.
- HAND-WASHING & SANITATION: We ask that all patients and staff wash hands before exams or therapy visits. All equipment will be sanitized between patients. Eyeglasses will be cleaned after each patient.
- RETINAL IMAGING: Our doctors want all patients, who are physically able, to have retinal imaging every annual exam. This is the best way to evaluate eye health and reduce prolonged close contact. Retinal problems such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal holes, retinal detachment, and diabetes can be more easily found and documented.
Thanks for your cooperation and continued support! This page will be updated as the COVID condition change.
- Dr. Nate Bonilla-Warford, Dr. Beth Knighton, and the Bright Eyes Staff.
What one mom said after her experience at Bright Eyes: