Some of the most notable images in the office are the Success Trees. These are handprints from the graduates of the Vision Therapy program. Patients are so proud to add their hands to the trees when they complete the program. And they should be! They've worked hard.
We want to do something similar for all of our hundreds of Myopia Control Patients. What we envision is a wall with pictures of children and adults who are successfully using ortho-k, atropine, or daily contact lenses. The goal is to both recognize you or your child, but also so other families can see that there is something that something CAN BE DONE about children's vision and glasses free-vision.
Here are two ways you can help:
1) Help us decide what to call it?
- Wall of Fame?
- Myopia Superstars?
- Bright Eyes Myopia Spectacle! ( get it? )
- Something else?
2) Submit a picture of you or your child! They can be doing anything, but it is more fun if they are doing something that they love. We'll frame it and post on the wall with all the others.
With your picture, let us know:
- if we can use their first name, a nickname, or "A happy Bright Eyes patient" for a caption.
- A quote about what they like about their myopia/orthok treatment.
- if we have permission to share on social media as well.
I am very excited about this project. Let me know your questions or concerns!