Set-up: Stand up straight with feet shoulder-width apart and bearing equal weight. Your hands should be comfortably at your side.
- Select a point as far away as possible that you can easily see.
- Hold your thumb directly in front of your eyes about a foot and a half in front of you.
- Focus on details of your thumb for 20 to 30 seconds, while being aware that the original point you selected is now double and blurry.
- Now focus on the distant point for an additional 20 to 30 seconds, being aware that your thumb is double and blurry.
- As you focus back and forth, pay attention to how your eyes feel and what you notice about the act of focusing.
As with any new activity or exercise program, start slowly at first. If you experience significant pain, double vision, are unable to do the activity, or other visual problems, consult your Optometrist.
Nathan Bonilla-Warford, OD
Bright Eyes Family Vision Care
Located in the Westchase area of Tampa.